Respecting your privacyALDI Stores ((A Limited Partnership) ABN 90 196 565 019) (“ALDI Stores”) is committed to complying with applicable privacy laws (including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)), which set clear standards relating to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of any personal information we obtain as part of our business operations. ALDI Stores recognises the importance of privacy and our respect for our customers’ and other individuals’ right to privacy of their personal information is paramount. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information is handled by us in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- Our general policies relating to management of personal information;
- What sort of personal information we collect and the purposes for collection, how we use and disclose this information, and how we store this information; and
- How you can obtain access to and correct any personal information we hold about you.
What personal information do we collect?ALDI Stores collects personal information from customers, employees, contractors, agents and other individuals. We collect this information when it is necessary for business purposes.
So that we can provide services to you, we may ask you for personal information such as:
- your name
- telephone number
- email address, or
- any other personal information you submit to us.
How is personal information used and disclosed?The personal information we collect is confidential. Our purpose in collecting information about you is to provide you with a better website experience, to provide products or services to you and to operate our business. Some examples of when we may need to collect, use and disclose this information are in relation to property or supplier enquiries, for email newsletter registration, for providing customers with products and services, and for customer complaint handling. ALDI Stores and ALDI Liquor Online may use your personal information to advise you of new products and services or special offers or promotions. ALDI Stores’ agents or contractors from time to time may also use your personal information to provide information to you about products and services that they may offer from time to time. If at any time you do not wish to receive such information from us, or our agents, you can opt out of receiving such information when registering on an ALDI Stores website, or you may remove your name from our list by calling us on (02) 9675 9000 and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Alternatively, if we have sent you this information by email, you can use the unsubscribe link at the end of the email. In either case, please allow 5 business days for this request to be processed. In the course of our business, we use a range of service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and business operations. This means that individuals and organisations outside of ALDI Stores and ALDI Liquor Online may sometimes have access to personal information held by ALDI Stores and ALDI Liquor Online and may use this on behalf of ALDI Stores and ALDI Liquor Online. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for any unauthorised purpose. We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for our own research or promotional purposes. Under no circumstances will we or any of our related entities sell your details to marketing agencies without your consent. ALDI Stores and ALDI Liquor Online do not routinely disclose personal information to any third parties. ALDI Stores and ALDI Liquor Online will not use or disclose any personal information about you without your consent unless:
- required or authorised by law;
- we believe this is necessary to provide you with the products or services you have requested;
- it is necessary to implement our terms of service;
- it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of an ALDI Stores employee, another customer, or any member of the public or ALDI Stores or ALDI Liquor Online; or
- some or all of the assets and operations of the business are or may be transferred to another party by way of sale of some or all of ALDI Stores’ business.
How do we store personal information?ALDI Stores will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information we hold about you and keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy or electronically (including on secure servers in controlled facilities). ALDI Stores has security processes in place to protect personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The types of measures we take vary with the type of information and how it is collected and stored. We require our employees, agents, contractors and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. Please note that ALDI Stores may use overseas facilities including in Germany to process or back-up its information and, as a result, we may transfer your personal information to these overseas facilities for storage. However, this does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy.
Access to and correction of your personal informationALDI Stores may be contacted at 1 Sargents Road Minchinbury NSW 2770, or by telephone on (02) 9675 9000. Upon your request, we will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances in which it is permitted by law for us to withhold this information). If you require access to your personal information, please contact us. Of course, before we provide you with access to your personal information, we will require some proof of identity. We will usually be able to respond to your request within 14 days. ALDI Stores will take reasonable steps to correct any information which is found not to be accurate, complete or up-to-date. If you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will amend this record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact us and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
Terms and ConditionsLast updated 2 July, 2013
ALDI Stores Website Terms and ConditionsThank you for visiting the ALDI Stores Website (“Site”) which is operated by ALDI Stores ((A Limited Partnership) ABN 90 196 565 019) (“ALDI Stores”).
Products and PricesUnless stated otherwise, all prices shown on the Site, in brochures or other communications from ALDI Stores are in Australian dollars and inclusive of GST. Promotional offers and prices are as stated, with no further discounts available unless otherwise stated. By displaying products and prices on the Site, ALDI Stores is not making any offers. ALDI Stores will endeavour to ensure all prices shown on the Site, in any ALDI Stores, brochures or other communications are correct, for the specified period, at time of uploading but prices are valid only while stocks last and are subject to change without notice to you. Subject to availability of stock and the terms of any promotions, specials, offers, clearances or discounts offered, we will honour any price advertised on the Site, in ALDI Stores brochures or other communications during the specified validity period. Despite our careful planning, selected items may sell out due to high demand. ALDI Stores reserve the right to limit purchases to reasonable quantities. ALDI Stores reserve the right to correct any errors or misprints and take no responsibility if products are unavailable from any ALDI Stores locations. Stores’ ‘meal deals’ and ‘meal ideas’ prices per serve are approximate only and are correct as at the date of uploading.
LiabilityTo the extent permitted by law, and except for any terms, conditions, guarantees and warranties implied by law which cannot be excluded, neither ALDI Stores nor any party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site makes any representation, warranty or gives any guarantee regarding, nor accepts any liability for the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of, the information contained on the Site or any responsibility for: (a) any errors or omissions in the content on the Site whether or not ALDI Stores is aware of such errors or omissions; nor (b) the availability, performance, characteristics or operation of the products supplied through or shown on the Site, nor do they accept any liability for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or exemplary damages or any loss of business, interest, goodwill, revenue, or profit, or loss or corruption of data that was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time of entry into these Website Terms howsoever caused (including arising out of your access to, or use of, or inability to use or access the Site), and whether arising in negligence, tort or contract. ALDI Stores does not guarantee the availability, performance, security, characteristics or operation of the Site and that the functions contained on the Site will be uninterrupted or error free including as to whether the Site or its server is free of computer viruses, bugs or other harmful components or that defects will be corrected even if ALDI Stores is aware of them. Under the Australian Consumer Law, our products supplied to you come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. ALDI Stores does not seek to exclude, restrict or modify these or other guarantees or rights which cannot be excluded by law but, to the extent permitted by law, excludes all other representations, warranties and guarantees.
Matters outside our controlALDI Stores will not be responsible or liable for failure to perform any obligation under these Website Terms if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any matter beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation, acts of God, natural disasters, floods, fire, explosions, wars, internet or communications outages or failures, industrial disputes or strikes. />
TerminationALDI Stores reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Site or any of its features or part thereof at any time. You may cease to use the Site at any time in your absolute discretion. Any indemnities given by you and limitations on ALDI Stores’ liability will survive such termination. Any termination of your right to use or access any part of the Site will not affect any rights which have accrued to or have been accrued by either you or ALDI Stores prior to termination.
Modification of Website TermsALDI Stores reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove sections of the Website Terms and to add to, change or discontinue the products, services, programs and information contained in, or any other aspect of, the Site at any time. ALDI Stores will notify you of such changes by posting an updated version of these Website Terms on the Site. You should regularly check these Website Terms displayed on the Site. Such modifications will be binding upon you once displayed on the Site.
Intellectual property rightsUnless otherwise noted, all materials on the Site are protected as copyright, trade names, trade marks or are other intellectual property owned by ALDI Stores and/or its related entities or by other parties that have licensed their material to ALDI Stores or which ALDI Stores is entitled to use to describe the products shown (“Intellectual Property Rights”). Other than viewing and downloading content from the Site for purposes expressly permitted by these Website Terms, you do not have the right to use these Intellectual Property Rights without the written permission of their owner. You agree that you will not use the Site for any unlawful purpose or violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
Use of the SiteThe use of the materials on the Site is only for informational purposes and purposes related to your shopping at ALDI Stores and use of ALDI Stores’ services. You agree you will not distribute, publish, transmit, modify, display or create derivative works from or exploit the contents of the Site in any way.
You must not:(a) access the Site through any automated means (including, without limitation, through the use of scripts or webcrawlers); (b) infringe the intellectual property rights of ALDI Stores or others; (c) impersonate or falsely state or misrepresent an affiliation with ALDI Stores; (d) use the Site or any information contained on the Site in connection with any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any similar activity; or (e) sell, resell, reproduce, duplicate, trade or exploit, for any purpose, any portion of, use of or access to, data on the Site. Automated access to the site by or on behalf of internet search engines is permitted. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless ALDI Stores, its partners, officers, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, attorneys and all other persons providing information harmless from and against all liability, damage, loss, costs, fees (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in connection with any violation of these Website Terms and any and all unauthorised use you may make of any materials on the Site. You acknowledge the unauthorised use of content on the Site could cause irreparable harm to ALDI Stores and that in the event of unauthorised use, ALDI Stores shall be entitled to an injunction in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
AssignmentALDI Stores can transfer its rights and obligations under these Website Terms to any third party provided this does not affect your rights under these Website Terms in a negative way. These Website Terms are personal to you. You may not transfer your rights or obligations under these Website Terms to anyone else.
Governing lawThese Website Terms will be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia. In the event that any of the Website Terms are found to be unenforceable under New South Wales law, this will not affect the remainder of these Website Terms.
Social Media Terms
- Abuse, intimidate, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as privacy and publicity) of others
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, misleading or unlawful material or information
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless the user owns or controls the rights, or has received all necessary consents
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software, or, programs that may damage the operation of someone else’s computer
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded
- Advertise products or services on this page
- Post or upload links to external websites
ALDI Australia – Social Media User TermsThese user terms apply to your use of ALDI’s social media sites or facilities. In consideration of your use of, contribution to, and/or participation in and of ALDI’s owned and/or managed social media resources/accounts/presences, or the ability to contribute content to ALDI’s social media, you agree to be bound by these terms.
Contributions of Material
- You are responsible for the content of all material that you contribute to ALDI social media, including text, images, photos and videos (Material).
- You must ensure that all your Material was created by you and that you own all intellectual property rights in it.
- You also promise that your Material will not contain anything that is obscene, defamatory, offensive, or otherwise illegal (either in itself or when placed on ALDI’s social media).
- In addition, you must ensure that your Material:
- Does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person and does not breach any obligations of confidentiality;
- Contains no spam or other commercial, advertising, marketing or promotional content or links or information that would facilitate the sale or purchase of products or services;
- Contains no personal information or passwords, or the personal details of third parties such as phone numbers, mail or email addresses;
- Is not threatening, harassing, spiteful or abusive;
- Is not indecent or sexual or pornographic in nature, does not include gratuitous swearing or profanity and does not vilify, insult or humiliate any person or group (including, without limitation, on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability);
- Contains nothing which is unduly provocative (including, without limitation, flaming, trolling or otherwise hostile content) or which is false, misleading or deceptive; or
- Contains no computer viruses or other computer files or code that adversely affects the operation of ALDI’s computer systems or any equipment linked to them.
Dealing with your Material
- You will continue to own the intellectual property rights in your Material. You give ALDI irrevocable permission to use your Material in any way (including changing, adapting, reproducing or communicating your Material to the public) without charge and without any right of attribution to you and to allow others to use it in the same way.
- At any time and in its sole discretion and without notice to you, ALDI may refuse to include your Material in ALDI’s social media, remove all or part of your Material from ALDI’s social media, edit your Material or terminate one or more of ALDI’s social media or your access to them.
Liability relating to social media and your Material
- Inclusion of your Material on ALDI’s social media does not indicate any approval of your Material by ALDI, its related bodies corporate, suppliers or commercial partners.
- ALDI does not endorse, approve or authorise any material (including your Material) on its social media and you acknowledge that the material on ALDI’s social media may not be accurate, complete, up to date or useful and that you should not rely upon it.
- You acknowledge and agree that ALDI is not responsible for, and does not check the content or accuracy of, any material (including your Material) on ALDI’s social media. You also agree that to the extent permitted by law ALDI, its related bodies corporate and contractors will have no liability to you of any kind (including, without limitation, direct and consequential losses) under any circumstances (including, without limitation, negligence) in connection with ALDI’s social media, your Material or any other material on those social media.
- If you breach these terms or laws relating to your use of ALDI’s social media or your Material, you will indemnify ALDI against any third party claims, losses, damages or costs suffered or incurred by ALDI in connection with your breaches.
- Your use of ALDI’s social media, and your contribution of Material to them, is at your own risk.
- ALDI does not represent or warrant that its social media or any of the material on its social media will operate for any minimum period of time, will be free of computer viruses, or have any particular audience, availability, service levels or other characteristics.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes any non-excludable rights you may have or non-excludable terms that may be implied under State or Commonwealth laws including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). These terms will be construed subject to those non-excludable rights and terms.
- ALDI may vary these terms from time to time. You should check for variations periodically.
- These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New South Wales, Australia.